Kids can have fun being active and eating right, and parents and caregivers can set a great example for the whole family by creating a healthy environment at home, setting up kids for a lifetime of healthful eating.
Learn more about how your family can shop smart, cook healthful foods and eat right this Kids Eat Right Month™.
- Move every day! Kids need 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity each day.
- Enjoy family meals together, an important step to improving family health and bonding.
- Get active as a family. Take a walk together after dinner, and plan fun activities every week such as a family bike ride.
- Get children involved in planning and cooking healthful meals together. When kids are involved in planning and preparing healthful meals (with age-appropriate tasks), they are more likely to try new foods, and also will have a greater understanding of nutritious, healthful foods that will benefit them for a lifetime. Try out nutritious recipes from Kids Eat Right.
- To build an eating plan tailored to your family's unique needs and lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian nutritionist in your area by visiting the Academy's Find a Nutrition Expert.
- Follow Kids Eat Right on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Blog about Kids Eat Right Month™ and post the Kids Eat Right Month badge to (Large|Small) your blog.