Looking for a hearty pizza crust that can hold a multitude of toppings and is gluten-free? Try this crust!
Gluten-free cooking spray or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup cooked long grain brown rice
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (or lightly coat with vegetable oil).
- Mix the dry ingredients, from the flour to the onion powder, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients, from the water to the olive oil, in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the brown rice.
- Spread the batter on the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Add whatever pizza toppings you'd like and cook until crisp (an additional 10 minutes).
- Add herbs with the dry ingredients to flavor the crust. Based on the type of pizza you are making, add the following herbs: basil and oregano for Italian; cilantro for Mexican; and chili powder for barbecued chicken.
Serving size: 1
Calories: 204; Total Fat: 12.7g: Cholesterol 105.7mg; Sodium: 271mg: Total Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 3.6g; Protein: 6.6g; Calcium 31.5g.
Find a Nutrition Expert
Looking for credible nutrition information and recommendations? The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' network of credentialed food and nutrition practitioners are ready to help!