Away from Home
We think this salad dressing is grade A-plus! It's bursting with a lot of flavor and omega-3 fatty acids. Make this flaxseed oil salad dressing directly in the salad bowl (just make sure that your hands are clean before mixing it up). To fully enjoy, create a salad bar that includes some great toppings, including cherry tomatoes, grapes, sliced reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cucumbers and thinly chopped red, orange and yellow bell peppers.
3 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
2 cups mixed green, butter and leaf lettuce
¼ cup of flaxseed oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium, wheat-free
1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Chop greens and place in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle flaxseed oil directly on greens and rotate bowl to evenly coat the greens with the oil.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon directly onto the greens.
- Add soy sauce and maple syrup into bowl.
- With clean hands, toss the salad to evenly distribute the flaxseed oil dressing throughout the salad.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately in colorful salad bowls.
Serving size: 1 Cup
Calories: 120; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 330mg; Total Carbohydrate: 6g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 1g; Vitamin A: 45%g Vitamin C: 20%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 8%.
Find a Nutrition Expert
Looking for credible nutrition information and recommendations? The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' network of credentialed food and nutrition practitioners are ready to help!