Food Security and Sustainability
With a few easy ingredients you may already have on hand, this parfait is great for a sweet snack or dessert.
2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 large bananas, sliced
1 cup chocolate-flavored cereal
4 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Layer 2 tablespoons of yogurt into the bottom of four 8-ounce clear glasses.
- Top yogurt with 2 tablespoons of sliced bananas and 1 tablespoon of chocolate-flavored cereal.
- Repeat layers until yogurt, bananas and cereals are used.
- Drizzle each parfait with 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk. Serve immediately.
- This parfait goes great with dulce de leche instead of sweetened condensed milk. If you don't have dulce de leche, you can make it at home! Submerge a can of sweetened condensed milk (label removed) into boiling water and let it simmer for 2 hours. Make sure the can is covered with water at all times while it simmers and let it cool completely before you open it.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 260; Total fat: 4g; Saturated fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 13mg; Sodium: 156mg; Carbohydrates: 50g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 39g; Protein: 9g; Potassium: 608mg; Phosphorus: 249mg
Find a Nutrition Expert
Looking for credible nutrition information and recommendations? The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' network of credentialed food and nutrition practitioners are ready to help!