National Nutrition Month®
2021 Weekly Key Messaging
Week One: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Avoid distractions while eating.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Week Two: Plan your meals each week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week.
- Enjoy healthful eating at school and at work.
- Plan healthful eating while traveling.
Week Three: Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Keep healthful ingredients on hand.
- Practice proper home food safety.
- Share meals together as a family when possible.
- Reduce food waste.
- Try new flavors and foods.
Week Four: Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)!
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Receive personalized nutrition advice to meet your goals.
- Meet RDNs in a variety of settings throughout the community.
- Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.
- Thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
Personalize Your Plate
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! And a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist can tailor a healthful eating plan that is as special as you are.
Cook & Prep
LEARN SKILLS TO CREATE TASTY MEALS TO SHARE AND ENJOY.
Enjoy healthful eating at school, work & home.
Vary Your Diet
Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day.
Visit an RDN
See a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Celebrate National Nutrition Month®
This toolkit offers tip sheets and handouts, games and activities, PowerPoint presentations and more. Select content is available in six languages, including English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Hindi and Filipino.
See the Toolkit
Social Media Toolkit
Spread the word about National Nutrition Month® on social media with this interactive toolkit! It includes a Twitter chat schedule, hashtags, cover photos and shareable graphics with sample messaging in English, Arabic, Chinese, Filipino, Hindi and Spanish.
See the Social Toolkit
Eat Right on a Budget
Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to break the bank.
View more videos