National Nutrition Month®
2020 Weekly Key Messaging
Week One: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Practice portion control.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Week Two: Plan your meals each week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week.
- Enjoy healthful eating at school and at work.
- Plan healthful eating while traveling.
Week Three: Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Keep healthful ingredients on hand.
- Practice proper home food safety.
- Share meals together as a family when possible.
- Reduce food waste.
- Try new flavors and foods.
Week Four: Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)!
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Receive personalized nutrition advice to meet your goals.
- Meet RDNs in a variety of settings throughout the community.
- Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.
- Thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
Eat Right, Bite by Bite
Good nutrition doesn't have to be restrictive or overwhelming. Small goals and changes can have a cumulative healthful effect, and every little bit (or bite!) of nutrition is a step in the right direction.
Vary Your Diet
Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day.
Enjoy healthful eating at school, work & home.
Cook & Prep
LEARN SKILLS TO CREATE TASTY MEALS TO SHARE AND ENJOY.
Visit an RDN
See a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Celebrate National Nutrition Month®
This handy toolkit includes tip sheets, games and activities, press releases and planning materials.
See the Toolkit
Social Media Toolkit
See the Social Toolkit
Help spread the excitement about National Nutrition Month® with the Academy's Social Media Toolkit.
Build a Healthy Sandwich
Sandwiches can be a quick, easy and economical option for lunch or dinner! Use these tips to keep them healthy, too.
View more videos