Include more fish in your family's diet with this easy-to-make lunch. It's made with canned tuna and a variety of other refrigerator and pantry staples!
10-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
⅔ cup plain breadcrumbs, divided
3 tablespoon olive oil
Lemon wedges, optional
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- In a medium bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, eggs, chopped green onions, paprika, garlic powder, salt, a few grinds of pepper and ⅓ cup breadcrumbs.
- Over a non-stick sheet pan, shape each tuna cake by filling a 2-inches cookie cutter (use fun shapes such as hearts, diamonds, stars) with the tuna mixture. Repeat with different shapes until all the mixture is used. Depending on the size of your cookie cutters, you should have 10 to 12 cakes.
- Cover and refrigerate cakes for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove cakes from refrigerator. Place the remaining ⅓ cup breadcrumbs on a plate. Carefully coat each tuna cake on all sides in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cakes and cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Serving size: 3 tuna cakes (125 grams)
Calories: 330; Total fat: 22g; Saturated fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 123mg; Sodium: 648mg; Carbohydrates: 14g; Fibers: 1g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 20g; Potassium: 224mg; Phosphorus: 184mg