Move over cubes! Here is a new way to taste a trio of this season's star vegetable.
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 small acorn squash, seeded and cut into 6 wedges (2" each)
1 small butternut squash, seeded and cut into 6 rectangular pieces (2" each)
1 small calabaza squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges (2" each)
1-2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
1-2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
6 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make dressing: Combine vinegar, oil, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Toss acorn squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and sage.
- Toss butternut squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and chipotle peppers in adobo.
- Toss calabaza squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and cumin.
- Place the squash on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes; flip and roast 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Eat the squash skin, it will be tender and flavorful.
Serving size: 3 Pieces
Calories: 200; Total Fat 10g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 95mg; Total Carbohydrate: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 3g; Vitamin A: 270%; Vitamin C: 60%; Calcium: 10%; Iron: 10%.