Hesitant to feed your kids those frozen, breaded and fried chicken nuggets? This pretzel crusted chicken is a healthier version.
4 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup crushed pretzels
Honey Mustard Sauce
4 tablespoons plain low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (167°C).
- Press chicken into pretzel crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken on sheet pan for about 40 minutes or until internal chicken temperature 165°F (74°C).
- Mix yogurt, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to have uniform thickness so they cook evenly.
- Choose whole grain pretzels — look on ingredient lists to see the word "whole" listed.
- Honey is prebiotic meaning it helps good bacteria grow in the digestive track, which may help maintain regularity and immunity.
- Use thermometer for quality (juicy instead of dry) and safety.
1 Chicken Breast (with sauce)