Your kids (and the adults in your household) will love these gluten-free chicken nuggets! The recipe can be doubled to serve a crowd.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 8-ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess, and place each piece in the skillet.
- Cook the nuggets for 4 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
- Mix the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard and honey in a small saucepan with a wire whisk until well combined. Heat over low heat until the sauce just reaches a simmer.
- When the chicken is done, dip each piece into the sauce to coat it and place the nuggets on a serving plate.
Serving size: 6 to 8 pieces
Calories: 290; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2.9g; Trans Fat: 0.1g: Cholesterol: 75mg; Sodium: 485mg; Total Carbohydrate: 25g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 15g; Protein: 26g; Calcium: 26.4 mg; Iron: 1.6 mg.