Quiche can be loaded with extra calories from eggs, milk and cheese, not to mention the crust. But this quiche does away with the crust while maintaining the flavor.
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup chopped onions
5 large eggs
½ cup low-fat milk, rice milk or soy milk
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups chopped cauliflower
½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or butter. Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk.
- Remove dish from oven with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
- Quiche can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
- Broccoli can be used as a substitute for cauliflower.
Serving size: 1 slice
Calories: 203; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 282mg; Sodium: 492mg; Total Carbohydrate: 7g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 13g