A sweet balsamic vinegar and apple juice glaze makes Brussels sprouts a kid-pleasing vegetable.
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup 100% apple juice
¼ cup dried cranberries
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Combine Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl; toss. Spread Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add pecans to the baking sheet and stir. Roast 5 to 7 more minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly browned and pecans are golden.
- Meanwhile, combine balsamic vinegar and apple juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened and reduced to about ¼ cup. Remove from heat.
- Transfer Brussels sprout mixture to a large bowl; add cranberries. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, and toss until well blended. Serve immediately.
Serving size: ½ cup
Calories: 186; Total Fat: 8.7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 180mg: Total Carbohydrate: 25.2g; Dietary Fiber: 5.3g; Protein: 4.4g