Sliced red potatoes from Idaho tossed with sweet potato strips yield a dish that's as pretty as it is great tasting. It's also kid-pleasing!
IngredientsVegetable oil cooking spray
1 large sweet potato (about ½ pound), peeled
2 to 3 red potatoes (about ½ pound), scrubbed with peel on
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the potatoes very thinly (use a food processor if you have one).
- Place the potatoes in a bowl; add the oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet. Spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn the potatoes over. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are slightly crisp and golden brown.
Nutrition Nugget: Scrub the sweet potatoes and slice with the skin on. It's edible and adds fiber.
Substitution: Substitute an equal weight of an Idaho or a Russet potato for the red ones; scrub well and follow the recipe.
Nutrition InformationServing size: ¾ cup
Calories: 160; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 590mg; Total Carbohydrate: 23g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 2g.