These fish and vegetable packets are colorful and flavorful (thanks to a mix of fresh veggies and herbs), rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids (thanks to the cod), and low in calories. Plus, by baking everything in foil packets, cleanup is easy.
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon pepper, divided
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
½ cup chopped green onions
1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
4 (5-ounce) cod fillets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange 4 (16x12-inch) sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, corn, green onions and zucchini; toss well.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among sheets of foil; top each with one cod fillet.
- Drizzle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Seal foil packets tightly, and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Check for doneness after 18 minutes. Carefully open packets; fish is done when it flakes with a fork.
Calories: 261; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 54mg; Sodium: 374mg; Total Carbohydrate: 15g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 25g.