This event was presented as a live webinar on Thursday, July 21, 2012.
Event code: 18410
CPE Hours: 2.0
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 5200, 5350, 4160, 4180, 5080
Recent increase in the prevalence of disordered eating and concerning emerging trends has reshaped the type and form of interventions that are necessary for effective treatment. This teleseminar will review the basic signs and symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS). Emerging trends recognized as Diabulimia, Drunkorexia, Orthorexia, and Desperate Housewives Syndrome will also be discussed. Beyond effective screening, the design of an innovative and collaborative treatment team will be defined.
- Define the general concept of eating disorders and how it can be recognized.
- Discuss current and dangerous trends prevalent in our culture leading to disordered eating behaviors.
- Explain the role of a collaborative team approach for effective treatment of eating disorders.
- Karen Beerbower, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD
Clinical Director, Blue Horizon Eating Disorder Services, LLC, Winter Park, Fla.
- Elisha Contner, MS, LMFT, CEDS
Program Director, Blue Horizon Eating Disorder Services, LLC, Winter Park, Fla.
Disregard the download mesage below. The recording will be a CD, which will be shipped to your address on file within 7-10 business days.