The International Dietetics & Nutritional Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual, 4th Ed., is a comprehensive guide for implementing the Nutrition Care Process using a standardized language:
- Nutrition Assessment (labels for specific data used in assessment and re-assessment)
- Nutrition Diagnosis (labels for specific nutrition problems)
- Nutrition Intervention (labels for specific nutrition interventions)
- Nutrition Monitoring and Evaluation (labels for data used to judge effectiveness of nutrition care).
4th Edition features:
- New nutrition diagnoses for Overweight/Obesity and Growth
- Nutrition intervention with 10 broad categories of diets from the diet order taxonomy project
- Addition of an Academy Unique Identifier, a five digit number, essential for data monitoring and tracking in electronic health records (EHRs).
Errata: International Dietetics and Nutritional Terminology (IDNT) Reference Manual, 4th Ed.