National Nutrition Month® 2019
National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education and information campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign, celebrated each year during the month of March, focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
During National Nutrition Month®, help the Academy achieve its vision of a world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
- Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style.
- Choose foods and drinks that are good for your health.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Select healthier options when eating away from home.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that's right for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Keep it simple. Eating right doesn't have to be complicated.
- Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
- Help to reduce food waste by considering the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Consult the nutrition experts. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
Request a Proclamation
National Nutrition Month® Guidelines
- NNM General Web Banners should include a link to: www.eatright.org/nnm
- NNM Product-based Web Banners should include a link to: https://www.jimcolemanstore.com/nnm
Social Media and Messaging
We welcome and encourage you to share our National Nutrition Month® press releases with your local media and through your blogs and websites. These releases must be re-purposed in their entirety and without altering the content in any way.
Public Service Announcements
We have recorded public service announcements for your use. They are available at three different recording lengths (30 seconds, 45 seconds, and 60 seconds), each with a version with and without music. In addition, a script for each recording length is available.