When did National Nutrition Month® begin?
National Nutrition Month® (NNM) actually started as National Nutrition Week in 1973. Interest and excitement grew and National Nutrition Month® was inaugurated in 1980. Read more about the history of National Nutrition Month®.
Our organization would like to promote National Nutrition Month®. What are some ways we can use the graphic?
Permitted uses of the NNM graphic include:
- School menus
- Bulletin boards
- Invitations to an NNM event
- Newsletter articles
- Educational flyers
- PowerPoint presentation for a NNM event
- Tickets for raffle prizes promoting NNM
Examples of NNM graphic uses that are not permitted:
- The graphic cannot be used on any items for sale.
- The graphic cannot be used on items to be given away that are already available in the catalog, such as T-shirts, mugs, table tents, sticky notes and many others. Please visit the NNM catalog.
- Only employees of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics may use the NNM graphic as an electronic email signature.
- The term "National Nutrition Month®" and its graphic cannot be used to promote companies, services or products not associated with the Academy. The words must never be altered in any way. (Example: XYZ Burgers would not be permitted to place the graphic on its menu, or ABC Grocers would not be permitted to use the graphic in its ad for the purpose of promoting sale items.)
For complete details on use of the National Nutrition Month® graphic, see the guidelines. If you have a general inquiry regarding NNM and its promotion, please send an email to email@example.com. Permission requests, including the completed form, should be sent to .
Do you sell things such as T-shirts and mugs?
Our organization has a very limited budget. Do you have any free materials?
We have a number of free, downloadable materials on our website, in the Handouts and Tipsheets section. You may print these and copy for free distribution at your events. Consider using the National Nutrition Month® graphic to create flyers promoting a special nutrition presentation by an RDN in your area. Send your request and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of the National Nutrition Month® graphic, may we use the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics "Eat Right" logo?
No. Use of the Academy logo is not permitted by any entity other than the Academy.
Can we make a banner or poster with the National Nutrition Month® graphic?
Banners, posters and mini posters are available in the National Nutrition Month® catalog. View the NNM online catalog.
Can we create traymats/placemats or table tents for our facility with the National Nutrition Month® graphic?
Traymats/placemats and table tents are also available for purchase in the NNM online catalog.