This event was presented as a live webinar on August 23, 2013
Event Code: 19970
CPE Hours 2.0 Level 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 1050, 1020, 7110
The growth and prevalent use of social media in today’s environment poses unique challenges to the legal and ethical behavior in dietetics practice. This webinar should assist dietetics practitioners in being able to identify appropriate applications of social media to avoid legal and ethical problems in practice. Case studies related to clinical practice and social media will be provided in addition to situations and applications of social media that had negative impact. Practical applications for using social media in clinical care and other practice settings will be provided.
Clinicians should be able to:
- Explain key issues of social media in the dietetics practice.
- Implement general guidelines for using social media in personal and professional practice situations.
- Reduce potential legal and ethic dilemmas when utilizing social media in dietetics practice situations.
- Neva Cochran, MS, RD, LD, Nutrition Communications Consultant, Dallas, TX
- Debra King, MS, RDN, LD, Chief Executive Officer, Crown Consulting DBA, Belton, TX
Disregard the download mesage below. The recording will be a CD, which will be shipped to your address on file within 7-10 business days.