This live event took place on March 21, 2013.
Event code: 19447
CPE Hours 2.0
CPE Level 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 5410, 3005, 5280, 5390
Two experienced advanced practitioners will teach bedside application of the new ASPEN/Academy guidelines for the identification and documentation of adult malnutrition. Participants will learn how to integrate evidence obtained from reviewing the medical record, conducting a patient interview and nutrition-focused physical examination, and other sources to determine the possible etiology, presence, and degree of malnutrition.
Clinicians should be able to:
- Identify potential sources of information used to determine the etiology, presence, and degree of malnutrition and recognize the difference between primary and supportive evidence.
- Use correct terminology when documenting malnutrition in the medical record.
- Apply ASPEN/Academy characteristics to determine the etiology, presence, and degree of malnutrition.
- Cindy Hamilton MS, RD, LD, Director, Nutrition, Center for Human Nutrition, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Robert DeChicco MS, RD, LD, CNSC, Manager, Nutrition Support Team, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
©Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013
Disregard the download mesage below. The recording will be a CD, which will be shipped to your address on file within 7-10 business days.