This even was presented as a live teleseminar on December 7, 2010
Event Code: 16999
CPE Hours: 2.0
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Learning Need Codes: 5100, 3100, 4190
Sarcopenia, age-related loss of lean body mass, arises from a number of etiological factors. Therefore treatment should be multi-modal. Comprehensive therapy should include reactivation of neural-muscular pathways and delivery of functional nutrients that stimulate protein synthesis at the cellular level. This teleseminar will cover muscle activation techniques and specialty nutrients that promote protein synthesis.
- Describe the relationship between inflammation, sarcopenia and wound healing.
- Define muscle activation techniques and their action in ameliorating inflammation and sarcopenia.
- Develop nutrition care plans that incorporate functional nutrients to reduce inflammation and sarcopenia and support lean body mass and wound healing.
- John Vorlicky, AHFCS, MATCS
Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist; Physicians Fitness (a biomechanics-based exercise rehabilitation facility)
- Tracy R. Smith, PhD, RD, LD
Manager, Science Programs; Abbott Nutrition Health Institute
Order CD or Online Archive