Kids can have fun being active and eating right, and parents and caregivers can set a great example for the whole family by creating a healthy environment at home, setting up kids for a lifetime of healthy eating.
Learn more about how your family can shop smart, cook healthy and eat right this Kids Eat Right Month™.
- Move every day! Kids need 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous active play each day.
- Enjoy family meals together, an important step to improving family health and bonding.
- Get active as a family. Take a walk together after dinner, and plan fun activities every week such as a family bike ride, swimming, tennis, softball, basketball or a dance party.
- Get children involved in planning and cooking healthy meals together. When kids are involved in planning and preparing healthy meals (with age-appropriate tasks), they are more likely to try new foods, and also will have a greater understanding of nutritious, healthy foods that will benefit them for a lifetime. Try out healthy recipes from Kids Eat Right.
- To build an eating plan tailored to your family’s unique needs and lifestyle, consult a registered dietitian nutritionist in your area.
- Use this guide and template to contact your mayor or governor to request a proclamation.
- Follow Kids Eat Right on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Blog about Kids Eat Right Month™ and post the Kids Eat Right Month badge to your blog. Learn more!