March is National Nutrition Month, when the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics reminds everyone to return to the basics of healthy eating. It is also the time of year when the Academy celebrates expertise of registered dietitian nutritionists as the food and nutrition experts.
Get information on reading food labels, healthy snacks for kids and more. Share in the celebration of National Nutrition Month® with your family, community and schools by downloading these free handouts and tip sheets.
Activity Handouts (Adults and Kids)
- National Nutrition Month 2017 Coloring Page
- Choose MyPlate Coloring Page
- Sudoku (For Adults | For Kids)
- Word Search (For Adults | For Kids)
- Decode the Fun Food Messages
Nutrition Tip Sheets
Color Your Plate with Salad
Eat Right with MyPlate
Eating Right with Less Added Sugars
Good Nutrition Reading List
Shop Smart — Get the Facts on Food Labels
Total Body Diet
17 Healthy Tips for 2017
- Kids Eat Right: Visit the Academy Foundation's resources for kids, providing recipes, articles and quick tips to keep the family healthy and eating right.
- MyPlate Recipes, Cookbooks and Menus: View sample menus for all age levels, along with information to share with community partners and schools.
- MyPlate in Multiple Languages: MyPlate information is available in Spanish and other languages, providing posters, SuperTracker information and activities to share.
- USDA's Team Nutrition: A collection of classroom materials developed by the helps elementary school teachers integrate nutrition education into math, science, English language arts and health.