March is National Nutrition Month, when the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics reminds everyone to return to the basics of healthy eating. It is also the time of year when the Academy celebrates expertise of registered dietitian nutritionists as the food and nutrition experts.
When did National Nutrition Month® begin?
National Nutrition Month® (NNM) actually started as National Nutrition Week in 1973. Interest and excitement grew and National Nutrition Month® was inaugurated in 1980. Read more about the history of National Nutrition Month®.
Our organization would like to promote National Nutrition Month®. What are some ways we can use the graphic?
Permitted uses of the graphic include:
- School menus
- Invitations to an NNM event
- Educational flyers
- PowerPoint presentation for a NNM event
- Tickets for raffle prizes promoting NNM
Examples of NNM graphic uses that are not permitted:
- The graphic cannot be used on any items for sale.
- The graphic cannot be used on items to be given away that are already available in the catalog, such as T-shirts, mugs, table tents, sticky notes and many others. Please visit the NNM catalog.
- Only Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics affiliates and dietetic practice groups may include the NNM graphic on their websites. However, your organization may link to www.eatright.org/nnm.
- The term "National Nutrition Month®" and its graphic cannot be used to promote companies, services or products not associated with the Academy. The words must never be altered in any way. (Example: XYZ Burgers would not be permitted to place the graphic on its menu.)
Do you sell things such as T-shirts and mugs?
Yes. View the NNM online catalog.
Our organization has a very limited budget. Do you have any free materials?
We have a number of free, downloadable materials on our website, in the Handouts and Tipsheets section. You may print these and copy for free distribution at your events. Consider using the National Nutrition Month® graphic to create flyers promoting a special nutrition presentation by an RDN in your area. Send your request to [email protected].
Instead of the National Nutrition Month® graphic, may we use the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics "Eat Right" logo?
No. Use of the Academy logo is not permitted by any entity other than the Academy.
Since we cannot use the National Nutrition Month® graphic on our website, may we link to eatright.org?
Yes, you may link to our site. You may also provide the direct link to the National Nutrition Month® site at www.eatright.org/nnm.
Can we make a banner with the National Nutrition Month® graphic?
Banners are available in the National Nutrition Month® catalog. View the NNM online catalog.