The whole family will hop right up to sample this healthy treat — a delicious carrot bread recipe made with half whole-wheat flour.
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour or whole-wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅓ cup canola oil
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated carrots
⅓ cup raisins, soaked in warm water and drained
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until combined. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
Serving size: 1 slice
Calories: 120; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 75mg; Total Carbohydrate: 18g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars 11g; Protein: 1.5g