Who: Any member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or be submitted by a member.
What: The Nutrition Informatics Video Challenge is intended to showcase how Academy members are using informatics in
their area of practice. The best video, as determined by other Academy members, will win an iPad.
When: Deadline has been EXTENDED: October 11, 2013
Where: FNCE2013 in Houston.
- Videos must be between 1 and 2 minutes in length.
- The video must address three areas:
1. Demonstrate innovative ways you use nutrition informatics, defined as the intersection of nutrition information and
2. Teach a concept that you think most Academy members should know.
3. Encourage our members to use informatics to problem solve nutrition issues and concerns.
- The video must be creative and contain original content.
- Video must use innovative informatics concepts.
- Content must represent evidence based nutrition recommendations.
- Products or services cannot be promoted in the video.
- The Academy name, acronym or logo should not be included in the video.
should submit their video either of two (but not both) methods:
- By emailing a YouTube link of your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By emailing videos less than 2 MG to email@example.com.
(Videos larger than this will not be considered if submitted via e-mail.)
- Name and contact information should be included in the message to the e-mail address
above and can also be included in the video.
- Each member will be required to sign a waiver stating that the Academy has the right
to use the submitted video footage for the Nutrition Informatics Video
Challenge and for future Academy projects or promotional materials.
- A core team from the Nutrition Informatics Committee (NIC), NIC Sub-Committee and
the Consumer Health Informatics Work Group will review all submissions to
ensure each video meets the stated requirements and to determine the top three
- Members of the NIC, NIC Sub-Committee and Consumer Health Informatics Work Group are
not eligible for the prize but may still submit videos.
- The top five videos will be aired at the Genius Zone- Nutrition Informatics Booth
(Booth 1352) throughout FNCE.
- GRAND PRIZE: The Academy will award an iPad to the top winner at FNCE2013 in Houston.
If the winner is not present, they will be contacted via e-mail or phone number provided with the submission.