Baked Cod and Veggie Packets
Servings: 1 (1 packet Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 packet|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 2g|| |
|Cholesterol 54mg|| |
|Sodium 374mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 15g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 2g|| |
|Protein 25g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These fish and vegetable packets are colorful and flavorful (thanks to a mix of fresh veggies and herbs), rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids (thanks to the cod), and low in calories. Plus, by baking everything in foil packets, cleanup is easy.
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
4 (5-ounce) cod fillets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange 4 (16x12-inch) sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface.
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, corn, green onions and zucchini; toss well.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among sheets of foil; top each with one cod fillet.
- Drizzle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Seal foil packets tightly, and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Check for doneness after 18 minutes. Carefully open packets; fish is done when it flakes with a fork.