Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
Servings: 8 (¾ cup Per Serving)
|Serving Size ¾ cup|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 95||Calories from Fat 0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 0g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 0mg|| |
|Sodium 22mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 25g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 1g|| |
|Protein 0g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This bubbly summer refresher takes classic lemonade to the next level by adding strawberries and sparkling water. Make the strawberry lemonade mixture up to two days in advance, but wait to add the sparkling water until you’re ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 16-ounce container fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 10 large lemons)
- 3 cups naturally-flavored strawberry sparkling water*
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Combine strawberries and half of cooled sugar mixture in a blender. Cover and process until very smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a 2-quart pitcher. Stir in remaining sugar mixture and lemon juice. Add sparkling water just before serving.
*Note: Club soda or plain sparkling water may be substituted for strawberry-flavored sparkling water.
Reviewed July 2013