Brown Rice and Flaxseed Pizza Crust
Servings: 1 (6 Per Serving)
|Serving Size 6|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.7g|| |
|Cholesterol 105.7mg|| |
|Sodium 271mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 17.sg|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 3.6g|| |
|Protein 6.6g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Looking for a hearty pizza crust that can hold a multitude of toppings and is gluten-free? Try this crust!
Gluten-free cooking spray or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup cooked long grain brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a 15 x 10-inch pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (or lightly coat with vegetable oil).
- Mix the dry ingredients, from the flour to the onion powder, together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients, from the water to the olive oil, in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the brown rice.
- Spread the batter on the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Add whatever pizza toppings you'd like and cook unti crisp (about another 10 minutes).
Add herbs with the dry ingredients to flavor the crust, based on the type of pizza you are making: for Italian, add basil and oregano; for Mexican, add cilantro; for BBQ chicken, add chili powder.