Anna's Salmon Cakes
Servings: 2 (2 patties Per Serving)
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
|Serving Size 2 patties|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 2.5g|| |
|Cholesterol 155mg|| |
|Sodium 300mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 16g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 1g|| |
|Protein 27g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Crab cakes are a popular dish, but not always practical or affordable. This quick and easy recipe uses salmon and other ingredients that can be kept on hand for preparation on busy days. Anna was my mother-in-law who prepared simple but delicious meals. This is one of the recipes she typed up for me when I married her son.
1 7 ½ ounce can salmon, skin removed
¼ cup plain, dry bread crumbs
½cup finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 teaspoons horseradish
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix all the ingredients except the cooking spray in a medium-size bowl.
- Form into 4 equal-size patties.
- Coat a medium-nonstick pan with the cooking spray; heat over medium heat
- Cook the salmon cakes on both sides until golden brown.
Chili sauce may be used instead of horseradish. This is an easy and inexpensive way to reel in omega-3s, fish fat with anti-inflammatory properties that may also help fight heart disease.