Honey BBQ Chicken Nuggets
Servings: 4 (6 to 8 pieces Per Serving)
|Serving Size 6 to 8 pieces|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 290||Calories from Fat 90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 2.9g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0.1g|| |
|Cholesterol 75mg|| |
|Sodium 485mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 25g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 2g|| |
| ||Sugars 15g|| |
|Protein 26g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Your kids (and the adults in your household) will love these chicken nuggets! Plus they are gluten-free! The recipe can be doubled to serve a crowd.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 8-ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess, and place each piece in the skillet.
- Cook the nuggets for 4 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned.
- Mix the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard and honey in a small saucepan with a wire whisk until well combined. Heat over low heat until the sauce just reaches a simmer.
- When the chicken is done, dip each piece into the sauce to coat it and place the nuggets on a serving plate.