Pulled Mexican Pork
Servings: 12 (1/3 Cup Per Serving)
Prep Time: 10
|Serving Size 1/3 Cup|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 140||Calories from Fat 45|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
| ||Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
| ||Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
| ||Sugars 3g|| |
|Protein 17g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This simple protein-packed dish can be enjoyed as a taco or burrito filling or served on a whole grain bun.
1 cup 100% orange juice with calcium & vitamin D
½ cup 100% grapefruit juice
3 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed, bone-in
1 cup water
1 medium onion, sliced
1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- Combine the orange and grapefruit juices and pork in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain pork and add it to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until fork tender and your thermometer reads a minimum of 145°F.
- While meat is still in the slow cooker, use two forks to pull meat off of the bone and shred the meat into pieces.
See the video for this recipe »