Peanut Sauce Stirfry and Tempeh Skewers
Servings: 4 (2 Cups Stirfry, 2 Skewers Per Serving)
|Serving Size 2 Cups Stirfry, 2 Skewers|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 400||Calories from Fat 153|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
| ||Saturated Fat 2.5g||85%|
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 0mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||15%|
| ||Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
| ||Sugars 13g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Peanut sauce brings this stirfry to life. Once you prepare this sauce, it can be incorporated into a variety of recipes like dipping sauce for spring rolls and dumplings, a condiment on veggie or chicken burger, a salad dressing or a sauce on a Thai pizza.
5 Tablespoons natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
5 Tablespoons warm water
1 Tablespoon seasoned brown rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon raw honey
Dash of cayenne pepper
Stirfry and Skewers
6 cups chopped broccoli
2 cups sliced carrots
2 cups sliced red bell pepper
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 package (8 oz) tempeh, cut into 8 pieces, widthwise
8 wooden skewers
2 green onions, chopped
- Whisk peanut sauce ingredients until smooth.
- In pan, sauté 6 tablespoons peanut sauce with broccoli, carrots, bell pepper for 6 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Steam tempeh pieces for 8 minutes, until tender. Put each piece on a skewer and brush pwith eanut sauce.
- For each serving: Plate 2 cups stirfry and 2 skewers. Sprinkle with green onions.