Cinnamon French Toast
Servings: 6 (1 Slice Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Slice|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.3g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 0.6g|| |
|Cholesterol 61mg|| |
|Sodium 189mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 16.2g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 2g|| |
|Protein 8.4g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This version of French toast uses whole wheat bread and fat-free milk for a healthier option.
2 large eggs
½ cup fat-free milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
6 slices whole wheat bread
Light pancake syrup or sliced fresh fruit (optional)
- Thoroughly mix eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip both sides of the bread slices, one at a time, into egg mixture. Redip if necessary, until all of the egg mixture is absorbed into the bread.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Place dipped bread slices on heated skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until both sides are golden brown.
- Drizzle with pancake syrup or top with sliced fresh fruit (optional).
- Serve warm.