Servings: 14 (1 truffle Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 truffle|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 70||Calories from Fat 23|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3%|
| ||Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4%|
| ||Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
| ||Sugars 10g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These dairy-free truffles taste great without added fat and sugar. Give as a holiday gift to family, friends or coworkers.
12 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup puffed brown rice
½ cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- In food processor or blender puree dates and water until a sticky paste/ball forms. Pulse in cocoa powder until solid dough forms. Stir in puffed brown rice.
- With small scoop, form mixture into 14 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll each ball into coconut to lightly coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes to set.
You can store refrigerated balls in an airtight container for up to two weeks.