Roasted Squash Trio
Servings: 6 (3 Pieces Per Serving)
|Serving Size 3 Pieces|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|Calories 200||Calories from Fat 90|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
| ||Saturated Fat 1g||50%|
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||10%|
| ||Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
| ||Sugars 11g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Move over cubes! Here is a new way to taste a trio of this season's star vegetable.
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 small acorn squash, seeded and cut into 6 wedges (2" each)
1 small butternut squash, seeded and cut into 6 rectangular pieces (2" each)
1 small calabaza squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges (2" each)
1-2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
1-2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
6 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make dressing: Combine vinegar, oil, honey, salt and black pepper.
- Toss acorn squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and sage.
- Toss butternut squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and chipotle peppers in adobo.
- Toss calabaza squash with 2 tablespoons dressing and cumin.
- Place the squash on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes; flip and roast 20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Eat the squash skin, it will be tender and flavorful.