California BBQ Veggie Sliders
Servings: 12 (1 Burger Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Burger|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 0g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 0mg|| |
|Sodium 160mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 14g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 3g|| |
| ||Sugars 1g|| |
|Protein 4g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These mini veggie burgers are fun and nutritious.
2 cans (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 green onions, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
1 large carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
⅓ cup whole wheat flour (can also use garbanzo bean flour)
Mini whole grain hamburger buns, toasted
- In food processor or with a hand blender, puree beans and oil until smooth.
- Stir in onions, carrots, salt and pepper. Add in flour until mixture comes together.
- Form 12 mini patties. Cook in skillet or on grill until each side is browned (about 4 minutes per side).
- Assemble burger on bun with avocado, tomato and BBQ sauce.