Cereal-Coated French Toast Bites with Yogurt Dipping Sauce
Servings: 4 (6-8 Bites + 2 Tbsp Sauce Per Serving)
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 8
|Serving Size 6-8 Bites + 2 Tbsp Sauce|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 2g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 110mg|| |
|Sodium 400mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 48g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 4g|| |
| ||Sugars 16g|| |
|Protein 16g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
These bite-sized pieces of French toast are the perfect size for little fingers to pick up and dunk into the fruity yogurt sauce. This recipe is extremely versatile, so have fun in the kitchen experimenting with various flavors of bread, cereal and all-fruit spread.
½ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons strawberry all-fruit spread
2 large eggs
3 large egg whites
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup crushed multigrain flakes cereal (about 2 cups uncrushed)
2 teaspoon butter
4 (2-ounce) slices whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
- Whisk together yogurt and fruit spread. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, eggs whiles, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow dish. Transfer cereal to a separate shallow dish.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip 1 bread slice in egg mixture coating both sides. Let excess drip off. Dredge slice in crushed cereal coating both sides. Shake off any excess. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cereal is golden brown and egg is set. Repeat steps with remaining bread slices.
- Cut each slice into 8 bite-sized pieces. Serve with yogurt sauce.
See the video for this recipe »