Glazed Pork Tenderloin Medallions
Servings: 4 (1 medallion Per Serving)
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 10
|Serving Size 1 medallion|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 1.5g|| |
|Cholesterol 75mg|| |
|Sodium 170mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 13g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 0g|| |
|Protein 24g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Not just for company, this quick-cooking and low-fat pork dish is great for families in a hurry. Substitute your favorite fruit marmalade in place of the spring onion jelly.
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
1/2 cup spring onion jelly, or apricot or orange marmalade
1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Slice the pork into four pieces and season with the lemon pepper.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook 4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into the pork registers 160°F (the meat will be slightly pink).
- Add the jelly or preserves and mirin to the skillet; stir to make a glaze, about 1 minute. Spoon the glaze over the pork.
To round out the meal, cook up instant rice and microwave frozen broccoli. Serve canned peaches (packed in juice) for dessert.