Salad with Flaxseed Oil Dressing
Servings: 5 (1 Cup Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Cup|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 1g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 0mg|| |
|Sodium 330mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 6g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 1g|| |
| ||Sugars 3g|| |
|Protein 1g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
We think this salad dressing is grade A-plus! It's bursting with a lot of flavor and omega-3 fatty acids. Make this flaxseed oil salad dressing directly in the salad bowl (just make sure that your hands are clean before mixing it up). To fully enjoy, create a salad bar that includes some great toppings, including cherry tomatoes, grapes, sliced reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cucumbers and thinly chopped red, orange and yellow bell peppers.
3 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
2 cups mixed green, butter and leaf lettuce
¼ cup of flaxseed oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium, wheat-free
1 tablespoon 100-percent maple syrup
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Chop greens and place in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle flaxseed oil directly on greens and rotate bowl to evenly coat the greens with the oil.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon directly onto the greens.
- Add soy sauce and maple syrup into bowl.
- With clean hands, toss the salad to evenly distribute the flaxseed oil dressing throughout the salad.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately in colorful salad bowls.