Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Servings: 12 (1 Cupcake Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Cupcake|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 0g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 0mg|| |
|Sodium 105mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 31g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 3g|| |
| ||Sugars 17g|| |
|Protein 3g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cupcakes for breakfast? Yes, if they have zucchini! We have so much zucchini in the summer that we have to find fun ways of using this delicious vegetable in recipes. This breakfast treat will be sure to get the whole family up and energized to start their day!
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup agave nectar, divided
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all purpose, unbleached flour
¼ cup, flaxseed, ground
½ teaspoon baking powder, low sodium
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
½ teaspoon ginger, ground
¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
½ cup cocoa, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Put grated zucchini in paper towels and squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add applesauce, vanilla extract, ¼ cup agave and mix thoroughly.
- Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseeds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and other spices and mix well. Add cocoa and mix thoroughly.
- Add zucchini mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Fill paper liners with chocolate zucchini batter to ¾ full. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of cupcake.
- Mix ¼ cup agave with ½ teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Before serving, drizzle agave mixture over cupcakes as icing and enjoy!