Cauliflower No-Crust Quiche
Servings: 4 (1 Slice Per Serving)
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 30
|Serving Size 1 Slice|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.8g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 5.6g|| |
|Cholesterol 281.7mg|| |
|Sodium 492.3mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 6.5g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 1.4g|| |
| ||Sugars 3.7g|| |
|Protein 13.4g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Quiches can be loaded with extra calories from eggs, milk and cheese, not to mention the crust. But this quiche does away with the crust while maintaining the flavor.
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup, chopped onions
1 ½ cups chopped cauliflower or broccoli
½ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
5 large eggs
½ cup low-fat milk, rice or soy milk
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish or 8-9 inch pie pan with olive oil or butter.
- Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk. Remove dish from over with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown.
Quiche can be refrigerated in a sealed container for 2-3 days.