Pretzel Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
Servings: 4 (1 Chicken Breast (with sauce) Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Chicken Breast (with sauce)|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat 1g|| |
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Cholesterol 65mg|| |
|Sodium 280mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 19g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 1g|| |
| ||Sugars 5g|| |
|Protein 27g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hesitant to feed your kids those frozen, breaded and fried chicken nuggets? This pretzel crusted chicken is a healthier version with about 100 fewer calories, four times less fat and five times less sodium per serving.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
1 cup crushed pretzels
Honey Mustard Sauce
4 tablespoons plain low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press chicken into pretzel crumbs and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken on sheet pan for about 40 minutes or until internal chicken temperature 165°F.
- Mix yogurt, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to have uniform thickness so they cook evenly.
- Choose whole grain pretzels — look on ingredient lists to see the word "whole" listed.
- Honey is prebiotic meaning it helps good bacteria grow in the digestive, track which may help maintain regularity and immunity.
- Use thermometer for quality (juicy instead of dry) and safety.
See the video for this recipe »