Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Servings: 9 (1 Square Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Square|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g|| |
| ||Saturated Fat < 1g|| |
|Sodium 80mg|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 30g|| |
| ||Dietary Fiber 3g|| |
| ||Sugars 18g|| |
|Protein 4g|| |
|Vitamin A||248 IU|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
A cross between a cake, cookie and a bowl of oatmeal, this make ahead treat is handy to heat up and have for a quick healthy breakfast or snack. You can add a touch more brown sugar if you like it sweeter and a splash of milk for more creaminess.
2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 ½ cups fat-free milk or soymilk
½ cup egg substitute or egg whites
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon melted margarine
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cups chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl mix the milk, brown sugar, egg substitute/whites, margarine and cinnamon together.
- In a larger bowl combine the oats and the baking powder.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the oats, add the apples and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a 8 x 8 inch pan coated with cooking spray and bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is firm and a toothpick comes out clean in the center.