Veggie Stir Fry with Soba Noodles
Servings: 4 (1 Cup Per Serving)
|Serving Size 1 Cup|
| || || || |
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||6%|
| ||Saturated Fat 1g||0%|
| ||Trans Fat 0g|| |
|Total Carbohydrate 70g||13%|
| ||Dietary Fiber 7g||16%|
| ||Sugars 6g|| |
|Protein 11g|| |
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
If you like spaghetti, you'll love buckwheat soba noodles. This delicious stir fry recipe is so bright and colorful that you will need sunglasses to eat it! The abundance of fresh vegetables ensures that it is power packed with lots of vitamins, minerals and fiber too. Don't worry — it's quick and easy and can be prepared by the whole family. Get chopping!
10 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
1 teaspoon canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, diced
1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped
¼ cup chives (or scallions), diced
3 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and sauté garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and cook until softened.
- Add zucchini and cook another few minutes.
- Add spinach and chives, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Cook together for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Place mixture over soba noodles and toss thoroughly before serving