An initiative of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation, Kids Eat Right supports nutritious, healthy eating among children and families nationwide.
Kids Eat Right is a two-tiered campaign— with components for the general public and for Academy member registered dietitians — with the goal of educating families, communities, and policy makers about the importance of quality nutrition. The Kids Eat Right campaign will also provide with resources to help Academy members become recognized leaders in childhood obesity prevention.
Kids Eat Right focuses on three main objectives:
- EDUCATE children, families, communities and policy makers on the importance of high-quality, nutritional foods in childhood obesity prevention efforts.
- ADVOCATE on behalf of a quality nutrition approach to promote growth and development.
- DEMONSTRATE the food and nutrition expertise of registered dietitians through educational programming and advocacy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics editorial policy covers text, images, videos, interactive tools and other material (“content”) contained on Eatright.org.
Learn More »
Social Media Policy
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics social media properties exist to share and discuss food and nutrition information and news, such as healthy eating tips, as appropriate within the guidelines we have set forth within our social media policy.
Learn More »
For the General Public
For Academy Members
|The Kids Eat Right website, centered around the theme "Shop-Cook-Eat," is designed to bring families together for nutritious meals each day by providing simple, easily accomplished tasks:
- SHOP: How to shop for healthy foods for your family.
- COOK: How to cook food/s to gain the most nutrient value, including tips and recipes.
- EAT: The benefits of eating together as well as how to eat when you are away from home.
Members are invited to become Campaign Volunteers and take actions in five Focus Areas to educate the community on strategies for bringing the family together for healthy meals each day. Weekly messages, shopping ideas, cooking tips and recipes are meant to be shared through social media and will be easily accessible online and ready to send, post and even personalize. Academy DPG/MIG partners and state affiliates will offer their expertise and resources online to equip Campaign Volunteers to fulfill our commitment to Kids Eat Right.
Sign Up as a Campaign Volunteer »