Mouse over these links to get a quick glance at important featured content:
Student members are integral to the Academy as they represent the future of the dietetics profession. We offer a number of unique benefits to our more than 15,000 student members, including opportunities to:
The Health Professional’s Guide to Food Allergies and Intolerances (10% off During the Month of May)
This comprehensive guide sheds light on the latest science behind food allergies and intolerances as well as practical suggestions for their management.
What you will find inside the Academy's Evidence Analysis Library:
Use Academy Evidence-Based Guidelines to apply cutting-edge, synthesized research to practice!
Learn more »
Prompted by a report issued today by the Institute of Medicine on the consequences of dietary sodium reduction, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics reminds everyone to keep their sodium intake within the recommendations of the 2010 Dietary Guidelines... Read more »
Busy work and family schedules can often lead to women putting their own health on the back burner. During National Women's Health Week, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages women of all ages to make time for regular preventive screenings,... Read more »
Celiac disease is estimated to affect one out of 141 of Americans, or just under 1 percent of the population. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages Americans to learn about celiac disease – it can affect your health or someone you love. Read more »
There is a strong connection between the food people eat and their oral health, according to a recently updated position paper of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Academy's position paper "Oral Health and Nutrition" was published in the May... Read more »
While many professional member associations in the United States are experiencing membership declines, membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics rose in the past year to 75,067 – the largest in the Academy's 96-year history and the eighth consecutive... Read more »
View All »
Watch these videos to learn about the many opportunities available to those who choose dietetics as their career.
Career Videos »
How many times have you attended FNCE?
Build your knowledge and skills through multi-disciplinary learning opportunities, enhanced technology and high-quality programming.
Learn more »
The Commission on Dietetic Registration offers study resource for individuals preparing to take the registration examination for dietitians or dietetic technicians, registered. Both guides include a comprehensive study outline based on the examination content specifications, suggested study references, practice examinations and study tips.
Here are the top 10 reasons you'll find the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo to be an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime introduction to your future profession.
1. Join your peers from across the country and attend a special student opportunities — designed by the Student Council Advisory Committee.
2. See Keynote Speakers and hear inspirational messages of courage, strength, leadership and, above all, perseverance.
3. Be a Student Host and receive complimentary event registration in exchange for providing a few hours of event assistance.
4. Explore new frontiers of today's research at the Research Symposium and discuss the implications for tomorrow's practice.
5. Watch how you will have the opportunity to learn, make connections and discover innovations.
6. Attend an Expo Briefing and guarantee yourself an opportunity to talk one-on-one with the authors of hundreds of just-released practice and research abstracts.
7. Entice your senses while learning new recipes and food application techniques at the live and interactive Culinary Demonstration Theater on the expo floor.
8. Be a part of shaping trends in dietetics practice by participating in open space discussion sessions, late-breaking hot topic sessions and more.
9. Visit the Center for Career Opportunities and speak to potential employers, share your resume, skills and background, and meet others who can help shape your career goals.
10. Meet colleagues that share your practice interests by attending the Dietetic Practice Group/Member Interest Group Showcase.
Don't leave your education to chance - only education programs that have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)., the Academy's accrediting agency for education programs, will qualify you to sit for the RD or DTR exam. Use our directory to locate programs that meet your interests!
Copyright © 1995-2013 | Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement | Terms and Conditions | Editorial Policy | Advertising & Sponsorship | Careers | Contact Us