Nutrition Q & A
I Need Some Ideas on How to Make Healthier Choices at a Sandwich Shop.
If you are looking to make healthy choices, remember it’s okay to make requests. Here are a few tips for making healthy choices:
- Ask for the sandwich spread on the side or apply it yourself if the shop offers condiment packets.
- To cut back on the calories and fat, request low-fat, part-skim mozzarella or no cheese.
- Instead of chips, ask for a piece of fruit or a salad. The extra fiber will fill you up so you will eat less.
- Choose lean cuts of beef, ham, chicken or turkey for your sandwich.
- Load up your sandwich with vegetables, or try a vegetarian option.
- Choose whole-wheat bread or a whole-grain wrap instead of white bread.
Learn More About This Topic
Tips on Eating Out »