Tip of the Day
Healthy Chef’s Holiday Gift List
Proper cooking and baking utensils make eating healthy easier than ever. This holiday season, give your holiday chef gifts he or she can use all year long.
- Cheese graters help cheese go a long way. When it is grated, a smaller cheese portion can add plenty of flavor.
- A coffee grinder can also be used for grinding nuts, seeds, grains, and dry herbs and spices.
- An egg separator helps you easily separate the egg yolk from the white, which is especially helpful for those cutting back on cholesterol.
- A food thermometer is the only way to know when food is cooked to a safe temperature.
- A hot-air popcorn popper lets you enjoy popcorn without the added oil or butter.
- Nonstick pots and pans allow you to cook with little or no added fat.
- Kitchen scales help you measure in ounces to determine portion sizes.
Proper cooking and baking utensils make meal planning easier, healthier and safer – making them the perfect gift for any cook.
For more ideas on the perfect gift for your chef, visit our On Your Plate page and see what some of our registered dietitian nutritionists said are their Favorite Kitchen Gadgets.