Tip of the Day
Your Ethnic Kitchen
The delicate blend of two ingredients can define the distinctive flavor of an ethnic cuisine. For example, taking a tomato and adding basil creates an Italian dish; use the same tomato with cinnamon and you have a Middle Eastern meal or add chili powder and you have a Mexican dish.
Take your family on a tour around the world with these flavor combinations:
- China: soy sauce, rice wine and ginger
- France: thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram and tomato
- Greece: olive oil, lemon and oregano
- Hungary: onion and paprika
- India: curry, cumin, ginger and garlic
- Italy: tomato, olive oil, garlic and basil
- Mexico: tomato and chili
- Middle East: lemon and parsley
- Morocco: cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger and fruit
- West Africa: tomato, peanut and chili
Visit our Recipes page and get inspired to incorporate more of these ethnic flavors into your meals.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed May 2013