Tip of the Day
Today is the official first day of spring. If you're like many people, you may be surprised when peeling off your winter layers and see what hibernation has done to your waistline, making this time of year a great time to spring into action.
Spring weather makes it easy to get outdoors and get your daily physical activity. These activities can count towards your day's total exercise:
- Go for a brisk walk during your lunch hour or after dinner.
- Skip the drive-through car wash and wash the car yourself.
- Stretch your green thumb by doing some gardening. Consider growing your own fruit, vegetables and herbs.
- When possible, ride your bike to school or work—or use it to run errands.
- Plan an active family vacation or a weekend outing.
- Spring clean the house and garage.
- Clean up your yard and get it ready for outdoor living.
To learn more about ways to get active this spring, consult a registered dietitian in your area and visit our Get Moving page.
Receive the Tip of the Day RSS Feed!
Reviewed January 2013